Exemption from the labor certification requirement can be obtained by aliens with exceptional ability in the sciences or the arts (not business or sports) who satisfy the requirements stated in the Schedule A, Group II.
In order to qualify in Schedule A, Group II, the alien must show:
- the alien has received widespread acclaim and international recognition by recognized experts in his field;
- the alien’s work in the field during the past year did, and the alien’s intended work in the U.S. will, require exceptional ability; and evidence from at least two of the following groups:
- Display of work at artistic exhibitions in more than one country.
- Authorship of published scientific or scholarly articles in journals with an international circulation; or
- Original scientific or scholarly research contributions of major significance;
- Participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field;
- Published material in professional publications about the alien (including title, date, and author);
- Membership in international associations requiring outstanding achievement as judged by recognized international experts;
- Internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence.